"You will NOT get your vegetables until you eat your ice cream!!" --Great Wolf Lodge commercial



Sunday, May 16, 2010

Updates

Yesterday my school's band, chorus, and orchestra went to Carowinds (in case you don't know, it's a roller coaster park.) I was in a group with Monica (I follow her blog), her boyfriend, and my other friend. The lines for all the good rides took FOREVER, but it was worth waiting an hour for Nighthawk!! VERY hot and sticky yesterday. . .we weren't allowed to change out of our band polo shirt. YES. Polo. The worst kind of shirt you can wear outside all day in 85 degree temperature. All of our school's groups got SUPERIORS!!!!!! The band did fabulous; we played Marchus Maximus, A Song Of Hope, and Engines of Resistance. The composer for A Song Of Hope was one of the judges--it was almost scary! But the Superior and fun was what counted the most.
This week is the EOGs--ugh. But I'm prepared. I studied, and I've worked hard all year. On Friday, my team is doing a live wax museum in our Social Studies class. We are studying East Asia; for my person, I got Empress Wu Zetian. She's from the Tang dynasty!!! My last name is Tang, and so that explains why I have a giant TANG ORANGE JUICE on the title of my blog. To LeahPeah: I tried to find the Loveless song to put on my playlist, but I couldn't find it. Any ideas? I am currently working on Dorothy for my Wizard of Oz line in manga drawings. I am always so meticulous in my drawings; if one little, insignificant detail isn't right, I erase the whole area. But not everything, because then I will have wasted time. I have to go to my sisters' dance recital now--bye!
Jai Jen!<><><>Kristen

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome about your band!! And roller coaster parks are always fun X3

    You asked me on my blog to give tips for your drawing...The only advice I would have is to not be so meticulously focused on details. For me at least - the more I erase and redraw stuff, the more I end up messing things up. "If it's not broken, don't fix it." I'm usually a perfectionist, so I always have to remind myself that I make things worse the more I try to make them perfect. (And this is just my opinion for myself. I don't know your drawing style, so attention to detail might actually work well for you, so just do what you think is best ^__^)

    I hope this helped!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for viewing my blog. I'm pretty sure your drawings are way better than mine. Lols. Its cool that your in a band.


    ~Leah~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog, the books sound awesome. I shall have to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete