"You will NOT get your vegetables until you eat your ice cream!!" --Great Wolf Lodge commercial



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Life in the Eyes of an Almost-Highschooler, As of Now:

This week is the week of no homework and big projects-- End Of Quarter Tests and Science Projects. Today we took the Algebra exam-- 80 questions there to laugh and say in your face, "Betcha can't figure me out!! You'll NEVER know the right answer. I will confuse you . . . . MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Ugh. Evil algebra. Last quarter, I completely flunked it with a brilliant 59%-- I'm extremely thankful that it didn't count against us. However, I did really well on the literature/english test. I got a 94%, which was the highest score in the class tied with someone else's 94%. I forget what I earned on the science one. Aaaahh, I'm really anticipating my algebra score. All I want to do is at least improve.

Our science projects are due tomorrow; I finished mine two weeks ago, along with the analysis paper. Then I finished a project that won't be due until mid-February; trust me, getting just one project out of the way helps save time for bigger ones. (whew), I'm on a roll!! My project was about the impact different types of kicks had on a target in Tae Kwon Do; I used four different kinds of kicks, a large kickbag, and Dad as the assistant. The whole process is really complicated, so that's all I'll tell you.

I also won the Spelling Bee-- again!!! I won it in 4th grade, but then I had to move. I won it last year and placed 5th in the District Wide Bee-- this is my last year to do it, so I hope I make it really far! :D Now moving on to a different topic. For yet another project I had to do, I was required to read a book and write either a new ending or epilogue for it. I jumped at the opportunity to do this. Since the previous book I read had a rather unsatisfying ending (it was even the last book in the series), I was really eager to write it. Once I get a grade on it and finish typing it, I may post it out for you guys to read.

This Friday, my grandfather is being accepted as a citizen in the U.S. He recently took the Citizenship Test-- he was from Malaysia. His ceremony is going to be so exciting, I can't wait to tell my social studies/history teacher! Heh heh . . . at my dad's Citizenship Ceremony, I had this blue raspberry lollipop ^_^ I was maybe four back then. When it was time for pictures, my lips and tongue were all blue!! So this time, I'm begging mom to buy us some blue lollipops and perhaps make a "reenactment" of that memory (:

Let me know your thoughts and ideas about all of this; Peace out, everyone!
<><><>Kristen

4 comments:

  1. well, here's some positive news: not only am i flunking algebra, i am also failing in science, history, AND english!!!! i think i'll throw a "i am a total failure" party!!!! won't that be so much fun? you're invited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aghhh I hate Algebra too!!!!!! I just took my Algebra exam on Tuesday and lemme tell you it wasn't so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh Algebra...I'm a math/science nerd so that never bothered me much, sorry for being non-sympathetic...Heck I thought Calculus was an easy class ;)
    English/History on the other hand are not my strong points in the least. I hate writing and grammar and names and dates and such...T.T...Those are the tests I have to worry about my grade on...
    I hope you got a great score, though!!
    Its pretty cool about your grandfather, too! Have fun with the blue lollipops XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did really good in Algebra. But I utterly despised it. It didn't help much that I hated my teacher too.
    I did the epilogue project too. It was lot of fun ^_^

    ReplyDelete