"You will NOT get your vegetables until you eat your ice cream!!" --Great Wolf Lodge commercial



Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's That Time of Year. . .

Well everyone, December has been great. I can't get the fact that Christmas was already a week ago past my brain. I received many wonderful gifts from my relatives and friends, and I can't wait to use them all! Oh, and I'm also going to share my wonderful gift wrapping skills in the pictures below. Meanwhile, I shall blog about what I've been doing for the past few days. I finally got the chance to watch The Phantom of the Opera with my sister--that is the one and only movie that has ever made me cry. Seriously--if you don't cry at the end, then I don't know what's wrong with you. (not meant to be offensive, I'm still in the shocked mode since it made me cry.) Aaaaaaahhh, Patrick Wilson is an amazing actor!!! (sigh) Now I have all the opera songs on my ipod. Honestly, the whole movie/Broadway show is pretty much singing--if you added up all the dialogue, it would only equal about 2 or 3 typical book pages.

Right now I'm supposed to be helping my family take down Christmas decorations; we always hate doing that since it takes so long. We worked so hard to put them up, and it's always sad to say farewell to the Yuletide season for another year. . . I got some pretty amazing gifts this Christmas!! I hate to use the word "stuff"; it's so mundane, and it make me sound like I am treating these gifts like another item to go in my closet or on my desk. In truth, that's what they really are, but I like to think that they are special (:

This year, I didn't want to do just the generic-wrapping-and-sticking-a-bow-on-presents thing; I wanted to add some flair to my wrapping skills. And most of the time, I use a bag to conceal gifts for birthdays instead of Christmas. So, here are the pictures of the gifts I wrapped as previously promised:


Yeah, it has only a bow, but the wrapping paper was great quality.



I drew all over my dad's. . .











Candy cane tinsel--gotta love it.



That bow took me fifteen minutes to make; I have big fingers.

I stamped the paper bag all by myself.







It looks like a birtday present, but I wanted a break from the Christmas paper. Besides, it was for my aunt, and she likes butterflies!





Hope you guys enjoyed the photos, and Happy New Year!
<><><>Kristen

4 comments:

  1. How, I LOVE your gift wrapping skills, Im so jealous!

    And about catching you up for Pretty Little Liars, there's a marathon of all of Season 1 before the pre mere starts, so you can catch up then:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, my wrapping skills are thumbs-down. yours are so cute though :) happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh you have skill with gift wrapping!!!!! They look professional!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just came across your blog and I really like the layout/template! You're a lot better at gift wrapping than I am. I agree, the Phantom of the Opera is a GREAT movie. I cried at the end too. Following you now! Hope you check out my blog:)

    http://everydayeffect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete