"You will NOT get your vegetables until you eat your ice cream!!" --Great Wolf Lodge commercial



Sunday, January 30, 2011

Life in the Eyes of an Algebra-flunkee, As of Now:

Okay. So if you read my previous post, you'll know that for last quarter's exams I didn't do so hot on the Algebra one. I didn't this time, either. However, I did improve by that 1% I predicted!! Unfortunately for me though, my algebra teacher said that if you got a 65% or under, you should start worrying. Talk about pressure-- if I don't get at least a 70% by the end of the year, I won't pass, or I'll have to retake the course in high school. I SO do not want that to happen. So my parents and I are looking for a different tutor, as of now.

On Friday, I bought myself the Amazon Kindle! It's an e-book that can hold up to 3,500 books and other types of literature for you all on one pencil-thin slab of silicon, plastic, and wiring. In other words, a book computer. The first book I bought was Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater. It's reeeallly good :D Of course, now I'm broke, since it cost $150! I saved up a lot. Fortunately, this was perfect timing. Next Thursday is Chinese New Year, and I'll get lots of money then!

For you female readers (I highly doubt any of the male species has ever read this blog), have you ever just wanted to blame the world on boys??? I know for sure that I have. You try so hard to be true to yourself and others, and it ends up hurting you because the boy you like doesn't like you for that. That's how I am right now. This particular guy just doesn't seem to make sense-- I think he likes me, and I also kind of like him back. But then he turns around and calls this other girl hot whom I don't even know . . . . any advice? (sigh) Things would be a lot easier if they all were just straightforward without being weird . . .

Sorry. This is one of the rare times you'll ever see me vent on this blog. I hate to dump all my academic and social stresses on you guys, but it just feels good to get it out there. If you have anything you want to add, just comment!

<><><>Kristen

7 comments:

  1. :-( Well, I hope you do better in Algebra.

    As for the guy problem, there's not really much advice I can give you, but if you want straightforward, then be straightforward and just tell him. Of course, that might just end up with things being worse. Maybe ask one of your friends to ask him if he likes you? Sorry, I'm not much of an expert when it comes to guys. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I KNOW!!! I blame the world on boys all the time!! They're so confusing!! First they're like all "I like you," and then all, "I was just kidding," and then all "I wasn't kidding will you go out with me?" I mean UGH!! Talk about an emotional roller coaster!!
    Don't worry about your Algebra exam. I thought I flunked mine and would have to retake it in high school but it turned out really good!! I bet you'll do amazing!!!
    I have the Kindle too isn't it amazing??!! It's so tiny!!!!!!
    Love the music at the bottom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the kindle! My mom has one and i always steal it from her :D whats Shiver about? You're right, boys SHOULD be blamed for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For algebra, what helped me was talking to my friends and double checking my home work answers. At the back of your textbook, they sometimes have worked out problems and answers. Talk to your teacher too! I had a hard time with algebra too, but geometry is so much easier! Best of luck to you!

    PS I love "Fall for You" by Secondhand Serenade. When I heard it go off on your blog, I thought to myself, "I haven't heard this song in so long! I still love it so much!" The song brings back good memories of some of my friends that I've grown apart from and me singing it together at lunch and talking aout how it touched us. Thank you for bringing back those bittersweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. algebra magorly sucks. but i'm actually improving, so maybe you will too! still failing in science and the other stuff. i DID get a 85 on my last history test. boo-yah.

    it's so much easier to blame it all on the boys! whenever something bad happens at church, i blame zach. of course, when i find his sweater lying around, i claim it, but he wouldn't blame ME for stealing it. so, yeah. that only works one way. isn't it weird to see boys reading your blog? some read mine. one of them happens to be my friend shannon's older brother who kinda scares me because he has a crazy beard. okay, long comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that would suck to have to redo algebra :(

    I can't give much advice on guys...they confuse me too...I mean, they think girls give mixed signals!! This one guy decided to kiss my friend, then, within about 2 days he has another girlfriend!! What the heck?!
    Grrrrr....my friends and I are still holding a grudge against him.

    ReplyDelete