"You will NOT get your vegetables until you eat your ice cream!!" --Great Wolf Lodge commercial



Sunday, June 20, 2010

Recreation

Ni Hao everyone (Monica: ni lo.)! Today I'm off with the youth group to go on our mission trip, called Recreation (as you can already infer from the title). I think I mentioned it in my Vacation post over a week ago, but I'm not sure. We will be rebuilding homes and renovating, we might even use power tools. I call the chain saw!! Just kidding--that thing would probably be controlling me rather than vise versa. But I definitely can't wait to white water raft on Wednesday. . . .I've never done it before. I'm totally up for it! And let me tell you, I am bringing ZERO makeup. I mean, I'll probably rub it off from perspiration on my t-shirt, so what's the point? The only "makeup" I'm carrying is SPF 30 chapstick.

I will not be posting for a week, but I may tell you guys all about it on Saturday when I get back. Questions to think about/answer: Have you ever been white water rafting? Been hurt by a power tool (if you have, don't go into detail if you post it because all I will do is upchuck)? If you belong to a church, what kinds of mission trips did you go on? How many suitcases did you end up using? I need to go get my shoes on to leave--pray for my youth group and I as we prepare to help the folks out there!

Jai Jen,
<><><>Kristen

4 comments:

  1. I'll miss you. Have fun...I'm afraid of water.

    ~Leah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun!!
    I have actually been white water rafting (only in the rather calm white water...but still...) It was quite fun X3
    I don't think I have ever been hurt by a power tool...Once, I almost cut off my toes with a weedwacker, but that's about it...
    My church is only a few years old, so we don't really have enough people or money to got on any missions trips, but we do community days and yardwork kind of stuff within the nearby community. That's always a fun time :)
    I'll be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! have fun! :D tell me all about it when you get home >:)

    ReplyDelete