"You will NOT get your vegetables until you eat your ice cream!!" --Great Wolf Lodge commercial



Sunday, July 18, 2010

UNCG Summer Music Camp

Today, I am off to music camp, hence the title. I went last year; unfortunately, my MOM put me in the beginner band because apparently there were more people my age there. I was supposed to be in Junior Band. So this year, I am! If you're a musical person, you would love this camp. It's not just for band people; it includes chorus and orchestra. You are given a schedule according to when your lessons are and when you have meal breaks and free time. So basically, in between classes, I get to hang out with my new friends and walk around limited areas in the campus. And the dining hall is huge!! There's a buffet, so it's pretty much all you can eat XD Last year, I got two soft served ice cream cones every lunch and dinner ^o^

I can't wait to see what my roommate will be like--last year, she was pretty nice, didn't cause any trouble. Hopefully my new one will be like that too. I want to mingle as much as possible, not be in an all girls group. Guys can be nice too. By the way, we have family friends who came down here all the way from Pennsylvania last night! They have a 16 year old daughter, who is rooming with my big sister. Then they have a son my age, who I obviously can't room with, but still hang out. Then there's his little bro, who is 6. He'll be playing with my little sister while I'm away with everyone else.

Off the subject of music camp, I was at the beach last week. It was so cool, and the house was amazing (dude, it had an elevator!! XD XD XD). We celebrated birthdays for my aunt, uncle, and me on Tuesday. I don't want to brag, but let's just say I was given an amazing flat iron that is the most sought out and coveted. The InStyler. I was thinking, "Holy crap!! Did my aunt just give me that?! I didn't even ask for it! Who am I kidding, this thing is fantastic." I'm telling you, it's uber-amazing and works like magic on your hair. On Thursday, I woke up at 6:55 am with a mysterious fever. It was weird because I normally wake up around 10:30 or so. I was having cold spells and headaches the whole day, but that night, the fever broke. I still had a mini headache the next morning, but now I'm healed. (shouts heavenward) Thankyou God for this wonderful immune system!!

Okey-dokey, I'm off to eat lunch and watch Phineas and Ferb with everyone else. After that, we're all on the road to music camp!! ^_^

Au Revoir,
<><><>Kristen

2 comments:

  1. OMG! sooo lucky! have a totally gorgeouz time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a fun time at the beach and I hope you have a fun time at music camp! :)

    ReplyDelete